- Take 5 minutes per day to workout – move your body for at least 5 minutes at a time. This will help to keep you energized, focused, more creative and more healthy. Put on your favorite song, dance around the room, laugh! Just do something when you are feeling out of sorts or down. When you move your body, there is no way to stay feeling like you are missing something in life!
- Take 5 minutes to have breakfast each and every day! We all want to be healthy or healthier and yet we skip the most important meal of the day. Yes, I said the infamous words – “the most important meal of the day”. When I don’t have a lot of time for my normal breakfast routine, I will toast some bread (usually whole grain or 9 grain), put a tablespoon of peanut butter on it and then sprinkle some black pepper on top. Yeah, I know that sounds strange but give it a try. It is not only a portable breakfast, it also gives you the carbs, whole grains, protein and the spice to kick up your metabolism for the day! Believe me, this breakfast will keep you full until your next meal.
- Take 5 minutes to review your day – your intentions for the day. I wake up with an affirmation of health, wealth and happiness each and every day. This is my mantra which keeps me in tune with my goals for my life. I, also, write down my “Get it Done” items for the day. I like this phrase much better than a “To Do” list as I find my “To Do” list tends to gets pushed over to the next day. My “Get it Done” list gets done. Just a reframing to help keep me motivated.
- Take 5 minutes to be grateful. Make a list of 5 – people, circumstances, situations, opportunities – that you are grateful for in your life. Review this list throughout the day and most especially before bed. This helps you to see that what you have in your life is wonderful and also allows more wonderful things to come.
- Take 5 minutes for yourself – take time to meditate. This practice has helped me to be more productive, rid myself of doubts or worry, to keep my creativity going in order to make the most of each and every day.
All you need is 5 … 5 minutes for 5 new practices to live like you were meant to.
Denise Hansard is a Transformational Life Coach and professional speaker. She offers inspiring workshops as well as in-depth coaching programs that help individuals & businesses achieve new heights of success toward accelerated results. This is her commitment and passion. … to help you live like you were meant to! www.DeniseHansard.com